Monday, November 28, 2016

The Next New Thing

A type of new media that does not currently exist that I would like to see as the next new thing would be a sort of holographic device paired with virtual reality. Opposed to having the bulky headsets, I think it should be the size of regular eye glasses or even simply a small thumbtack sized projector, and what it can do is act as a touch screen interface without the screen. What it would consist of is simply a holographic screen that users can interact with simply with their hands and finger tips. The plus side of this would be that it eliminates the bulky virtual reality headsets, and doesn't require an external device or a power source. It would be tough to accomplish and create, but if created, can change technology tremendously.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rajat ,
    I totally agree with virtual reality because it would be really cool and fun. I would also prefer a hologram of someone rather than a video chat. I don't know why but when you said you would want a size of regular eye glasses the first thing that popped up in my head was eye glasses from dragon ball z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajat,

    I enjoyed reading your post. When I was little I used to imagine that such glasses will exist when I am a grown up, and honestly I can surprised that we don't have it yet. It will definitely change today's technology and improve it. People can use such classes for many reasons; traveling the world from the comfort of one's living room or to watch a T.V series will riding the bus.

    ReplyDelete